Unfortunately, Baltimore did not really live up to our expectations the next day. I guess you have to stay for the night and have a beer with a local to really enjoy this place... But we had to leave. The capital was waiting for us. Washington D.C.
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
How did we end up in Baltimore?
Our Six flags adrenaline day ended quite late at 11:30 in the night at the parking lot of the Park. We did not have a hotel yet and no idea where to go. That´s when I opened the lonely planet and saw their recommendation for Baltimore. The book said it is a blue collar city that really shows you the true America. So, we programmed our Satnav, called a couple of Hotels till we had found one and then hit the road. Including one complete road blockage it took us three hours till we finally arrived at the Lodge in at 2:45. We fell in our bed and slept till we had to leave the room at 11. This is what I call a road trip.
Unfortunately, Baltimore did not really live up to our expectations the next day. I guess you have to stay for the night and have a beer with a local to really enjoy this place... But we had to leave. The capital was waiting for us. Washington D.C.
Unfortunately, Baltimore did not really live up to our expectations the next day. I guess you have to stay for the night and have a beer with a local to really enjoy this place... But we had to leave. The capital was waiting for us. Washington D.C.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Baltimore's Inner Harbor is one of America's oldest seaports. It is one of the world's newest travel destinations. Since the 1600's, Baltimore Harbor has been welcoming people, ships and goods from all over the world.
Post a Comment